Air Pro 3 - Bluetooth LE not working with Galaxy Z Fold 4

Feb 27,2023
Bunker123
Feb 27,2023 at 5:33 pm
Feb 27,2023 at 5:33 pm

I can't get my Air Pro 3 buds to work with my Z Fold 4 using Bluetooth LE.

The phone says it's connected but the buds say they're disconnected & no sound will come through the buds when I play music, video or take a call. The earfun app does not recognise the buds either.

I've tried turning bluetooth off/on, unpairing & re-pairing but still the same (the buds are not paired to anything else).

If I disable Bluetooth LE on the phone then the buds work & now the App recognises them as well - so I upgraded the firmware to 0.39  hoping it would fix the Bluetooth LE issue, but alas no - still the same behaviour when trying to use Bluettoth LE.

Anyone else experienced this ?

Report Reply
EarFun CS Team

Staff Member

Mar 03,2023 at 9:13 am
Mar 03,2023 at 9:13 am

Hi friend, 

Thanks for choosing EarFun. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

About the problem that the earbuds go silent when LE audio is turned on, our engineers tested and found that it may be a problem with the mobile phone: the mobile phone actively disconnects the audio connection with the earbuds, which cannot be controlled by the earbuds. Hence, we are afraid that this problem can only be solved by updating and repairing LE audio protocols on the mobile phone.  Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

As for the app connection issue, since LE audio is a very new technology, we are analyzing the LE Audio compatibility issue and we will solve it through OTA in the future. 

If you have any questions, please email our customer service team via service@myearfun.com or submit the warranty ticket on our official website: https://www.myearfun.com/process-warranty. EarFun provides an 18-month warranty for every product. Your satisfaction is always greatly important to us.

Sincerely,

EarFun Customer Service Team

Report #1 Reply
U301993680
Mar 14,2023 at 3:15 am
Mar 14,2023 at 3:15 am

This earbud have ALL I want!

1- Multipoint connection

2- Audio LE and APTX progressive

3- wireless charging case

4- good battery autonome

But Samsung completely scraped the second point!! The Samsung's flagship Galaxy S23 Ultra don't support APTX progressive codec and it don't support AC3 codec too!! AC3 is required to listen Audio LE... It's a shame that 90$ earbuds support more codec than a 2000$ S23 !!! Shame to you Samsung you have the same politic than Apple with your propriary SSC codec!!

Report #2 Reply
U413987686
Mar 14,2023 at 7:59 am
Mar 14,2023 at 7:59 am

Totally same for my Zflip 4 and Galaxy tab 8 ultra 😫

Report #3 Reply
U529438417
Mar 23,2023 at 3:20 pm
Mar 23,2023 at 3:20 pm

Same experience for me, too. S23 base model.

I cannot make the Earfun Audio app to show it connected.

The phone itself recognizes Bluetooth connection, albeit sound does not come out of the buds watching videos, or listening to music.

What to do in this case? 

Edit: After trying to find a way to switch off the LE Audio 'on the phone', as the first comment suggests, I realized, that it needs to be changed on a per-bluetooth-connection basis.
Click on the Settings next to the Earfun device's name in the Bluetooth menu, and:

• Turn off the LE Audio
  • AND Do not forget to turn ON the Call and Audio Toggles, too

After these, the  Earfun Audio app recognizes the buds, sound comes out of them, cutomization works (EQ, controls,  firmware update, etc...)

Report #4 Reply
U378931045
Sep 06,2023 at 2:11 am
Sep 06,2023 at 2:11 am
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend, 

Thanks for choosing EarFun. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

About the problem that the earbuds go silent when LE audio is turned on, our engineers tested and found that it may be a problem with the mobile phone: the mobile phone actively disconnects the audio connection with the earbuds, which cannot be controlled by the earbuds. Hence, we are afraid that this problem can only be solved by updating and repairing LE audio protocols on the mobile phone.  Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

As for the app connection issue, since LE audio is a very new technology, we are analyzing the LE Audio compatibility issue and we will solve it through OTA in the future. 

If you have any questions, please email our customer service team via service@myearfun.com or submit the warranty ticket on our official website: https://www.myearfun.com/process-warranty. EarFun provides an 18-month warranty for every product. Your satisfaction is always greatly important to us.

Sincerely,

EarFun Customer Service Team

Click for original message

Hi EarFun CS Team,  

Could we know when the LE feature going to be ready?  It's September now.

Thank you.

Report #5 Reply

Thread Info

2 Likes

5 Replies

Last replied by U378931045

Forum Statistics

673 Discussions

1131 Messages

2197 Members

Share this thread