Before buying Air Pro 3

Feb 10,2023
TheInvoker
Feb 10,2023 at 3:21 pm
Feb 10,2023 at 3:21 pm

Hello i hop someone can help me. i just discovered these earbuds and on paper they have good specifications but i need to know these things:

- Does game mode consume more battery?

- When game mode is active, is the latency as low as possible regardless of the codec used or I need aptx-adaptive?

- Does game mode remain enabled (or disabled) between sessions, or every time i put the earbuds to charge it resets to OFF?

- Is it possible to assign every command to every tap? example: can i put game mode or ANC mode on single tap?

- Has anyone tried to connect these (or any other Air Pro) to a BT transmitter? i tried with 2 earbuds. Soundpeats H1 had no problems with recently the Joybuds Pro had some issues (i couldn't swtich between game/music mode, i couldn't change ANC mode)

- Is there a way to know when earbuds (inside the case) have reached full charge?

- Can i pair the earbuds with a device when they are outside of the case? example: i lose connection moving around my house, i come back close to the device they are paired to and i need to put them in pairing mode.

- If i connect the earbuds to 2 differenct devices (PC and Smartphone), do i hear audio from both at the same time or is there a way to switch between them?

Report Reply
U790307457
Feb 16,2023 at 6:53 pm
Feb 16,2023 at 6:53 pm

- Does game mode consume more battery?

I'm not quite sure how long they would last on gaming mode. I haven't tested this.

- When game mode is active, is the latency as low as possible regardless of the codec used or I need aptx-adaptive?

I believe the latency is lowered no matter on what codec you are, but it might be lower as well depending on the codec. If you have an iPhone with AAC the latency is pretty good on iOS without a gaming mode. Better when compared to Android.

- Does game mode remain enabled (or disabled) between sessions, or every time i put the earbuds to charge it resets to OFF?

I've tested this with 0.3.9 the latest firmware. When putting the buds in the case it resets to OFF. Fun fact with gaming mode enabled the mids sound more open and nicer to me when it comes to sound. They are bass heavy. To most people the sound is not an issue, but I'm a bit more like a analytical listener. These are good value for money earbuds, but not the best in regards to audio quality to me. Also on ANC mode you do notice quite a EQ shift. I don't really like using ANC mode because of this. The ANC is pretty good I have to say.

- Is it possible to assign every command to every tap? example: can i put game mode or ANC mode on single tap?

Yes that is possible I just checked in the app.

- Has anyone tried to connect these (or any other Air Pro) to a BT transmitter? i tried with 2 earbuds. Soundpeats H1 had no problems with recently the Joybuds Pro had some issues (i couldn't swtich between game/music mode, i couldn't change ANC mode)

I haven't no.

- Is there a way to know when earbuds (inside the case) have reached full charge?

Not that I know of - I do check via my phone.

- Can i pair the earbuds with a device when they are outside of the case? example: i lose connection moving around my house, i come back close to the device they are paired to and i need to put them in pairing mode.

They first go into pairing mode automatically. I usually disable bluetooth of the device when I want them paired to another. You can turn on pairing mode again via the button in the charging case also. Check the product guides section for that on the EarFun website.

- If i connect the earbuds to 2 differenct devices (PC and Smartphone), do i hear audio from both at the same time or is there a way to switch between them?

They have multi pairing. I have them paired to my PC and Pixel 7 phone. When you play audio on either device you hear sound depending on what source the audio is played. 

Report #1 Reply
TheInvoker
Feb 25,2023 at 11:26 am
Feb 25,2023 at 11:26 am

Ok i bought them and i'm happy but there is a huge problem that i don't know it's due to the earbuds or the transmitter i tried

It's about the question "When game mode is active, is the latency as low as possible regardless of the codec used or I need aptx-adaptive?"

I was asking it because i have a transmitter with aptx but not aptx-adaptive. Even when game mode, latency is not so good. It's around 110ms from my tests. So i bought a transmitter that supports aptx-adaptive but here comes the problem: game mode doesn't improve latency!!!

APTX: no game mode = 250-300ms , game mode 110ms

APTX-ADAPTIVE: no game mode 138ms , game mode 138ms

There is no improvement at all. I was not expecting the same improvement, but i was hoping i could have 70-80ms (aptx-adaptive should have around this latency)

Is it possible i have a defective earburds? i'm also going to test with a different transmitter possibly, but honestrly it seems more probable that it's earbuds' game mode not working with aptx-adaptive codec.

Has anyone tried these earbuds with aptx-adaptive? does game mode give you a notable improvement of latency?

Report #2 Reply

Thread Info

1 Likes

2 Replies

Last replied by TheInvoker

Community Highlight

About the IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS category About the IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS category

by EarFun Admin Jan 04,2022

Forum Statistics

686 Discussions

1146 Messages

2221 Members