Earfun Air Pro 4 - LE Audio / LC3 not working on phone or BT USB dongle (both support LE Audio)

Sep 13,2024
U813147146
Sep 13,2024 at 1:50 am
Sep 13,2024 at 1:50 am

Earfun Air Pro 4, latest firmware, LE Audio turned on in the Earfun app...

1) 
I've read there are issues with Earfun & LE Audio, on the Pixel 8 Pro, and it's true, switching LE Audio on does nothing on my Pixel 8 Pro. When is this going to be fixed?

2)
I also have a Bluetooth USB dongle (Floogoo FMA120) that has AptX Adaptive, AptX Lossless, AptX Voice, and LC3 codecs. My Soundpeats Air 4 Pro can  connect with adaptive or lossless, and APX Voice (super wideband - clear audio) for calls, and  I can also flick the dongle to LC3, which is also has super wideband for good call quality. However, while my Earfun Air Pro 4  will connect with AptX Adaptive or Lossless, Earfun support told me their engineers have not yet added AptX Voice to the firmware (which sucks), and when the buds are switched to LC3 in the app, they still won't connect to the dongle with LC3 (I wanted that for calls, given AptX Voice has not been implemented.

So the Earfun Air Pro 4 won't connect with LC3 to my phone or my BT USB dongle -- so basically LC3 doesn't work. That, in addition to AptX Voice not being implemented. Come on guys, give us a superwideband calling option! If SOundpeats can offer both AptX Voice and LC3 , why can't you get at least one of them right? The chipset supports it.

The Earfun have better sound & battery life -- I'd rather use them for Teams calls at work, but need a working superwideband voice option. Please and thank you.

Cheers
Dave

Report Reply

Thread Info

0 Likes

0 Replies

Community Highlight

About The News & Announcements Category About The News & Announcements Category

by EarFun Admin Dec 31,2021

Forum Statistics

806 Discussions

1324 Messages