Earfun Free 2 Microphone Doesn't Work when Google Assistant Activated

Jun 02,2022
U829572319
Jun 02,2022 at 2:32 am
Jun 02,2022 at 2:32 am

I can't figure out how to use Google Assistant with  my Earfun Free 2. It only works when I'm close enough to my phone that the phone's microphone picks up my voice; the ear buds don't pick up my voice. This seems to defeat the whole purpose of being able to use voice assistant with earbuds, since I'd like to be able to use Assistant when I'm not close to my phone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Report Reply
EarFun CS Team

Staff Member

Jun 02,2022 at 3:57 am
Jun 02,2022 at 3:57 am

Hi friend,

Thanks for choosing EarFun. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could the microphone works when you use the earbuds to make calls on your phone?

We kindly suggest you reboot your phone and then reset and reconnect the earbuds per the updated steps:

Step 1. Delete the old connection from the Bluetooth device.

Step 2. Place both earbuds into the charging case.

Step 3: Keep the charging case open, press and hold the charging case button for at least 8s until both earbuds flash in purple, then the earbuds have been reset successfully.

Step 4: Search and reconnect “EarFun Free 2".

We also suggest you try to connect the earbuds to other models of devices to test whether it is still the same situation.

If the above methods still could not solve your issues, please email to our customer service team via service@myearfun.com or submit the warranty ticket on our official website: https://www.myearfun.com/process-warranty. EarFun provides 18-month warranty for every product. Your satisfaction is always greatly important to us.

Sincerely,

EarFun Customer Service Team

Report #1 Reply
U829572319
Jun 08,2022 at 8:20 pm
Jun 08,2022 at 8:20 pm
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend,

Thanks for choosing EarFun. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could the microphone works when you use the earbuds to make calls on your phone?

We kindly suggest you reboot your phone and then reset and reconnect the earbuds per the updated steps:

Step 1. Delete the old connection from the Bluetooth device.

Step 2. Place both earbuds into the charging case.

Step 3: Keep the charging case open, press and hold the charging case button for at least 8s until both earbuds flash in purple, then the earbuds have been reset successfully.

Step 4: Search and reconnect “EarFun Free 2".

We also suggest you try to connect the earbuds to other models of devices to test whether it is still the same situation.

If the above methods still could not solve your issues, please email to our customer service team via service@myearfun.com or submit the warranty ticket on our official website: https://www.myearfun.com/process-warranty. EarFun provides 18-month warranty for every product. Your satisfaction is always greatly important to us.

Sincerely,

EarFun Customer Service Team

Click for original message

Thank you for the very quick reply. After resetting the earbuds activating Google Assistant worked once, but it didn't acknowledge subsequent requests. Then I reset them a second time, and it still doesn't work. I'll reach out to customer service.

Report #2 Reply

Thread Info

0 Likes

2 Replies

Last replied by U829572319

Community Highlight

About the IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS category About the IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS category

by EarFun Admin Jan 04,2022

Forum Statistics

663 Discussions

1107 Messages

2169 Members