Air Pro 3 LE Audio Functionality

May 26,2023
U220581683
May 26,2023 at 3:51 am
May 26,2023 at 3:51 am

Where is Earfun at in supporting LE Audio on the Air Pro 3? This feature currently functions on the Pixel Buds Pro and other TWS, so it's not a device issue. 

This was a major selling feature and we still appear to be unable to use it. 

Update pls. 

Report Reply
EarFun CS Team

Staff Member

May 26,2023 at 8:46 am
May 26,2023 at 8:46 am

Hi friend, 

Thanks for choosing EarFun.

In LE audio mode, we found that the mobile phone will actively disconnect the earbuds, resulting in no sound from the earbuds. The LE Audio function of our earbuds is fine, but it is a protocol problem on the mobile phone side. In order to solve this problem, we can only disable LE Audio first. After the problem on the mobile phone is resolved, this function will be enabled through a firmware upgrade.  Our team is also following up on this issue. 

If you still want to try the LE Audio, please kindly click this link to download the file and follow the instructions to install the firmware which enables the LE Audio. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wtyn7HJ3hns496Bjy4JSUD1fhv7gKb-W

Thanks for your understanding. 

Sincerely,

EarFun Customer Service Team

Report #1 Reply
U450500748
May 31,2023 at 1:57 am
May 31,2023 at 1:57 am
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend, 

In LE audio mode, we found that the mobile phone will actively disconnect the earbuds, resulting in no sound from the earbuds. The LE Audio function of our earbuds is fine, but it is a protocol problem on the mobile phone side. In order to solve this problem, we can only disable LE Audio first. After the problem on the mobile phone is resolved, this function will be enabled through a firmware upgrade.  Our team is also following up on this issue. 

If you still want to try the LE Audio, please kindly click this link to download the file and follow the instructions to install the firmware which enables the LE Audio. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Wtyn7HJ3hns496Bjy4JSUD1fhv7gKb-W

Sincerely,

Click for original message

Hello, I've just received the 0.48 firmware update for my Pro 3's - still no  LDAC functionality.  As mentioned by other posts - this was a key functionality - any update on progress for this to be enabled?  Also, please include firmware upgrade notes with each upgrade.  

Thanks

Report #2 Reply
U220581683
Jun 14,2023 at 1:23 am
Jun 14,2023 at 1:23 am
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend, 

Sincerely,

The Pixel 7 Pro was updated today with LE audio fixed for specific devices. Can you please test to see if this has in fact been fixed and if so will a new firmware update be rolled out? 

Report #3 Reply
U617689702
Jul 07,2023 at 2:8 pm
Jul 07,2023 at 2:8 pm
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend, 

Sincerely,

A tip for the firmware engineers... Fedora 38 might make a good development platform. Need to follow instructions on this page as well as install LC3 codec: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/pipewire/-/wikis/LE-Audio-+-LC3-support

Report #4 Reply
U617689702
Jul 07,2023 at 2:21 pm
Jul 07,2023 at 2:21 pm
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend, 

Sincerely,

0.4.9 has just been released. If this does not have LE Audio enabled yet, is there a version of 0.4.9 with LE Audio that you can provide to us here via Google Drive? I am keen to try with Fedora 38.

Report #5 Reply
U617689702
Jul 07,2023 at 10:36 pm
Jul 07,2023 at 10:36 pm

0.4.8le does not work well with Windows 11 LE Audio support. It was initially difficult to achieve a stable connection. I had to configure the "Bluetooth devices discovery" setting to advanced before I could even see the earbuds. After achieving a stable connection, there was just silence. I can't tell if 0.4.8le includes the LC3 codec yet. I'm not sure what to make of this experience.

Update: It now appears it's up to my Bluetooth controller vendor to deliver the LC3 codec for Windows to use. Ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bluetooth/bluetooth-low-energy-audio

Report #6 Reply
U422628310
Sep 10,2023 at 5:54 pm
Sep 10,2023 at 5:54 pm
U617689702 said:

0.4.8le does not work well with Windows 11 LE Audio support. It was initially difficult to achieve a stable connection. I had to configure the "Bluetooth devices discovery" setting to advanced before I could even see the earbuds. After achieving a stable connection, there was just silence. I can't tell if 0.4.8le includes the LC3 codec yet. I'm not sure what to make of this experience.

Update: It now appears it's up to my Bluetooth controller vendor to deliver the LC3 codec for Windows to use. Ref: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bluetooth/bluetooth-low-energy-audio

Any update on if Bluetooth LE is enabled on the latest firmware 0.5.0? 

Also, any update on Intel including LC3 with their drivers yet?

Report #7 Reply
lilchina
Nov 21,2023 at 5:47 am
Nov 21,2023 at 5:47 am
U422628310 said:

Any update on if Bluetooth LE is enabled on the latest firmware 0.5.0? 

Also, any update on Intel including LC3 with their drivers yet?

I'd like to know too

Report #8 Reply
U531021353
Feb 23,2024 at 3:27 am
Feb 23,2024 at 3:27 am
EarFun CS Team said:

Hi friend, 

Sincerely,

Hi EarFun team,

I previously accessed a file on your Google Drive, but the link now seems to be broken. Would it be possible to have the file re-uploaded or a new link shared?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Report #9 Reply

Thread Info

2 Likes

9 Replies

Last replied by U531021353

Community Highlight

EarFun Audio App Opinion Collection. EarFun Audio App Opinion Collection.

by Sean Jay Mar 23,2023

Forum Statistics

674 Discussions

1131 Messages

2199 Members

Share this thread